Letter to Fox News Channel
United African Movement
____________________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Alton H. Maddox, Jr. Tel: (718) 834-9034
Chairman Fax : (718) 834-1275
16 Court Street
Suite 1901
Brooklyn, NY 11241
April 30, 2007
Mr. Roger Ailes
Chairman and CEO
Fox News Channel
1211 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Re: Tawana Brawley and Alton Maddox
Dear Mr. Ailes:
Under the “fairness doctrine” of the Federal Communications Commission and under the Thirteenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, I am demanding an equal opportunity to respond to the recent, personal attack by Steven Pagones against my honesty, character and integrity on Fox News Corporation. This character assassination was made in an interview by Sean Hannity. The subject was Tawana Brawley.
Pagones accurately asserted that I had accused him of being involved in the kidnapping and rape of Tawana Brawley but he failed to mention that a petit jury, in 1998, found that I had not defamed him. This is a matter of public record in Pagones v. Maddox et. al., Index No. 4595 (Sup. Ct. Dutchess Co. 1988). Because of the doctrine of res judicata, I am able to continue to publicly make this assertion with impunity.
I also said, in 1988, that Harry Crist, Jr., a police officer and Pagones’ friend, was murdered. State Attorney General Robert Abrams, who had access to Crist’s autopsy report, responded, in 1988, that I should be disciplined for lying. Abrams publicly asserted that Crist had killed himself.
He successfully filed a disciplinary complaint against me concerning Pagones and Crist even though it is legally impossible to defame a dead person. This disciplinary complaint was based on bogus evidence and designed to separate me from the practice of law. I am still suffering from state-sponsored defamation.
I was finally able to secure Crist’s autopsy report amid the defamation trial in 1998. It showed that Crist had been murdered. Dr. Alexander Aplasca, who examined Crist’s body and completed the autopsy report, testified that it was indeed a homicide and Abrams had never contacted him about his scientific findings. There is no statute of limitations, in New York, regarding murder.
Hannity mentioned the grand jury report which, Abrams publicly asserted, exposed Tawana Brawley’s claims as constituting a “hoax.” A grand juror subsequently filed an affidavit asserting that the grand jury never found that Tawana’s claims constituted a “hoax.” Arguably, there was no quorum in the grand jury. This is also state-sponsored defamation.
This grand juror also asserted that Abrams, rather than the grand jury, wrote the report. Article 190 of the Criminal Procedure Law requires that a grand jury report must be wholly written by the grand jury and not by a prosecutor. While Gov. Eliot Spitzer was the state attorney general, he refused to contradict the grand juror’s claim. He has also refused to disclose the Brawley investigatory file to the public and to the media.
Fox gave Pagones an opportunity to mislead the public and to engage in a personal attack against me in retaliation for my exposing him in 1988. All law enforcement officials, except Abrams, acknowledged that he was a suspect in March 1988 when I exposed him.
Abrams used the Brawley grand jury to cover-up crimes. The Brawley matter has engendered great public controversy and it is unfair for Fox to have aired only one side of the controversy especially when the side it aired is baseless.
Very truly yours,
AHM:sr
____________________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Alton H. Maddox, Jr. Tel: (718) 834-9034
Chairman Fax : (718) 834-1275
16 Court Street
Suite 1901
Brooklyn, NY 11241
April 30, 2007
Mr. Roger Ailes
Chairman and CEO
Fox News Channel
1211 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Re: Tawana Brawley and Alton Maddox
Dear Mr. Ailes:
Under the “fairness doctrine” of the Federal Communications Commission and under the Thirteenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, I am demanding an equal opportunity to respond to the recent, personal attack by Steven Pagones against my honesty, character and integrity on Fox News Corporation. This character assassination was made in an interview by Sean Hannity. The subject was Tawana Brawley.
Pagones accurately asserted that I had accused him of being involved in the kidnapping and rape of Tawana Brawley but he failed to mention that a petit jury, in 1998, found that I had not defamed him. This is a matter of public record in Pagones v. Maddox et. al., Index No. 4595 (Sup. Ct. Dutchess Co. 1988). Because of the doctrine of res judicata, I am able to continue to publicly make this assertion with impunity.
I also said, in 1988, that Harry Crist, Jr., a police officer and Pagones’ friend, was murdered. State Attorney General Robert Abrams, who had access to Crist’s autopsy report, responded, in 1988, that I should be disciplined for lying. Abrams publicly asserted that Crist had killed himself.
He successfully filed a disciplinary complaint against me concerning Pagones and Crist even though it is legally impossible to defame a dead person. This disciplinary complaint was based on bogus evidence and designed to separate me from the practice of law. I am still suffering from state-sponsored defamation.
I was finally able to secure Crist’s autopsy report amid the defamation trial in 1998. It showed that Crist had been murdered. Dr. Alexander Aplasca, who examined Crist’s body and completed the autopsy report, testified that it was indeed a homicide and Abrams had never contacted him about his scientific findings. There is no statute of limitations, in New York, regarding murder.
Hannity mentioned the grand jury report which, Abrams publicly asserted, exposed Tawana Brawley’s claims as constituting a “hoax.” A grand juror subsequently filed an affidavit asserting that the grand jury never found that Tawana’s claims constituted a “hoax.” Arguably, there was no quorum in the grand jury. This is also state-sponsored defamation.
This grand juror also asserted that Abrams, rather than the grand jury, wrote the report. Article 190 of the Criminal Procedure Law requires that a grand jury report must be wholly written by the grand jury and not by a prosecutor. While Gov. Eliot Spitzer was the state attorney general, he refused to contradict the grand juror’s claim. He has also refused to disclose the Brawley investigatory file to the public and to the media.
Fox gave Pagones an opportunity to mislead the public and to engage in a personal attack against me in retaliation for my exposing him in 1988. All law enforcement officials, except Abrams, acknowledged that he was a suspect in March 1988 when I exposed him.
Abrams used the Brawley grand jury to cover-up crimes. The Brawley matter has engendered great public controversy and it is unfair for Fox to have aired only one side of the controversy especially when the side it aired is baseless.
Very truly yours,
AHM:sr

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home