Saturday, October 29, 2005

Critical Thinking and Ancestral Teachings

Critical Thinking and Ancestral Teachings
By Alton H. Maddox, Jr.

I write a column weekly in the Amsterdam News but it would be false for me to claim credit for those columns. Although I receive no income for writing those weekly columns and have suffered substantial expenses weekly, the Ancestors had to touch Bill Tatum for me, of all people, to write the column, since I have been officially banned from Black radio.
The words that seemingly come from my mind and by my hands are not my words nor my intellect. In last week’s column, for example, I wrote, “White Money Controls Black Politics.” For the first time, I announced the title of the next week’s column: “The Untold Story of the Civil Rights Movement – Pt. 1. (Amsterdam News 10/20-26).
“Any history (his story) buff knows all about the “told” story of the civil rights movement including the courage of Rosa Parks. The told story is never the true story. The United States never tells the truth including the indictment of Lewis “Scooter” Libby. The indictment in itself is a cover-up. Libby must take the fall.
Within five days after the announcement first appeared in the newspaper, Rosa Parks made her transition on October 24. Obviously, the Creator and the Ancestors knew about the transition and wrote this column to help our people understand the “legal” reason for the role of the federal government in her homegoing services. So far, Blacks are relying on “his story” and reaching false conclusions. Listen to this Sunday’s talk shows.
We are mired in poverty and powerlessness because Black leaders and ministers are carriers of “his story.” Go to church or listen to Black talk radio. It is absolutely white propaganda. We will never be able to interpret events correctly until we are connected to our Ancestors and are endowed with African-centered, critical thinking. Similarly, white propaganda, like white politics, is intended to divide an oppressed people. It does.
I found out this past Monday that I had been secretly disbarred. It came in a legal pleading submitted by the state attorney general’s office. I surmise that it happened after I filed Maddox v. Prudenti et. al. CV 5444 (U.S.D.C., E.D.N.Y. 2004) (NG)(LB). It is a public file and hopefully it is online. But for Dred Scott, this would be a due process violation. Stated differently, we are still enslaved and Black leaders have no idea of our next step.
Although my stated suspension of nearly ten years exceeded a disbarment (7 years), the Appellate Division: Second Judicial Department described my disciplinary sanction as a “suspension.” The legal import of a suspension is that the Court has no jurisdiction to inquire about my underlying conduct.
The Court, however, expected that I would have already fallen to my knees, given the prior treasonous conduct of Black leaders. They would have drilled me on every issue concerning Tawana Brawley and Rev. Al Sharpton. It would have allowed me to give the Court the answers it wanted to hear.
Since I have now been disbarred, surreptitiously, New York intends to argue in federal court that the reinstatement of a disbarred attorney is subject to the discretion of the Court. The conditions for the reinstatement of a suspended attorney, on the other hand, are non-discretionary and must have existed in the court order allowing for the suspension. I have met all of those stated conditions but New York is interested in the privileged conversations between me and my Ancestors. My automatic reinstatement should have occurred five years ago.
Unless you are able to think outside the box, all of this about ancestors may seem fatuous. Dr. Carter G. Woodson told us that whites control our thinking. They would limit our respect for our Ancestors. You never hear Black leaders call on the Ancestors. Whites do it all the time.
I will be in Brooklyn Housing Court, 141 Livingston Street, Room 506 on Thursday, November 3 at 11:00 a.m. A law firm, very supportive of Fernando Ferrer, has illegally issued a warrant of eviction even though no unsatisfied judgment exists to support a warrant of eviction.
Eliot Spitzer is the architect of Ferrer’s “campaign.” The federal lawsuit must be disrupted. An unlawful eviction would produce this result. The former state attorney general, Robert Abrams, is Spitzer’s mentor. Abrams could be charged with civil rights violations. The killers of Harry Crist Jr. could still be charged with murder. Abrams and Gov. Mario Cuomo could be charged with a cover-up.
Spitzer intends for me to be without a home to rest my soul and an office to use my mind on behalf of Black people. This is a military action. It would help if there were other targets. Everybody is playing safe, however. I refuse to submit even though I have no income, little support from Blacks and no great hope that Black minds and spirits can be resurrected, any time soon, from the cemetery. I have never taken a dime from any white person and my undivided loyalty is to my people.
Neither Woodson nor Hon. Elijah Muhammad could have envisioned the current, dysfunctional minds of descendants of enslaved Africans. Our plight cannot be explained by the post-traumatic stress syndrome since we are still on the plantation. This misdiagnosis in itself is fatal. It is like prescribing an aspirin for cancer.
I would like for someone to explain the untold story of the 2005 mayoral “race” in New York in an essay. Clue: “The Black community is once again being conned.” Moreover, it would be a shame for the Black community to be unable to give the specific, legal authorization and the specific, legal reason for Congress passing a resolution for Rosa Parks to lie in honour in the Capitol Rotunda. She will be the first woman so honored. Congress only acts for “legal” reasons.

10/29/05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home