Letter To Reverand Al Sharpton
ALTON H. MADDOX, JR.
TELEPHONE:718-834-9034
FAX: 718-834-1275
16 COURT STREET, SUITE 1901
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11241
December 2, 2005
Rev. Al Sharpton
National Action Network
52 E. 125th St.
New York, NY 10035
Re: Maddox v. Prudenti et. al.
Dear Rev. Sharpton:
I have filed a motion in Brooklyn Federal Court seeking the disqualification of New York State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer as counsel for the defendants in the above-referenced civil rights action. His predecessor, Robert Abrams, according to the affidavit of Jimmie L. Powell, a grand juror in the Brawley investigation, illegally authored a grand jury report which falsely and wrongfully characterized Tawana Brawley’s claim as a “hoax.”
This grand jury report became the basis for my permanent suspension from the practice of law. You were indicted in a 70-count indictment and you asked me to represent you pro bono. During the course of this representation, the Brooklyn Appeals Court took the desperate measure of demanding that I produce client files which would ensure your conviction. I refused after being warned that I would be severely disciplined.
Spitzer is now representing the state judges for violating my civil rights at the request of Abrams and members of the New York Legislature. He has also refused to divulge the exculpatory files of Tawana Brawley. They would implicate Abrams. This would expose New York’s judicial system as corrupt.
According to your representations to our people, Spitzer would call for my immediate reinstatement to practice law if Blacks supported him for state attorney general in 1998. Blacks put him over the top in a razor-thin contest against the incumbent, Dennis Vacco.
Spitzer is now obviously arguing that the made no promises to you or anyone else about my legal status although you did receive a quid pro quo for your endorsement of him. The Brawley files, should therefore, remain classified. Obviously, he is seeking to insulate himself from his own culpability in addition to the culpability of Abrams, Steven Pagones and Harry Crist, Jr.
Spitzer is a nominal defendant and he should have already recused himself. Given the potential criminal and disciplinary liabilities in the kidnapping and rape of Tawana Brawley, and the murder of Crist, Spitzer recognizes the need for a hands-on approach in protecting the interests of New York, the Democratic Party and public figures. You had direct contact with Spitzer. The federal judge needs your information about Spitzer to decide several key issues in the case.
When I returned to New York City on Tuesday, I viewed you taking a bouquet of flowers to the 70th Precinct, a frequent crime scene in Brooklyn. You were apparently seeking to express your condolences to the PBA, a criminal racketeering enterprise. While condolences were in order to the family of the fallen police officer, it appears as though you were knocking on the wrong door, talking to the wrong people and, accordingly, raising the wrong questions.
Like, in some respects to Maddox v. Prudenti, et. al, Locurto v. Giuliani, 269 F.Supp. 2d 368 involved two white firefighters and a white police officer who were fired for sponsoring and participating in a racist float titled “Black to the Future: Broad Channel 2098.” They commenced a civil rights action against the City of New York. According to the court decision, you gave testimony to support the plaintiffs. You were concerned about their First Amendment rights.
Michael Riccardi was convicted of first-degree assault. He had stabbed you in Bensonhurst on January 12, 1991. Prior to his trial, you demanded that it be removed from state court to federal court to ensure due process of law. At his sentencing, you appeared and demanded leniency. According to you, it was unfair to prosecute Riccardi while failing to prosecute the news media.
When I asked you to appear in Brooklyn Federal Court in September 2005, you refused to appear. Afterwards, I asked you to submit an affidavit. You refused to do so citing your busy schedule. After pressing you for an affidavit, you sent me a meaningless document which, of course, refused to even mention Spitzer’s name. The refusal to discuss Spitzer in an affidavit only helps him. This will amount to a miscarriage of justice and deny to me an opportunity to provide for my family.
I will be at the Elks Plaza, 1068 Fulton Street in Brooklyn on Thursday, December 8, 2005 at 7:00 p.m. Hopefully, you will be in attendance and bring an affidavit like you brought a bouquet of flowers to the PBA. When I look at my family, I can at least say that I gave your family the opportunity to share their father outside the prison walls and with creature comforts.
Very truly yours,
.
AHM:sr
TELEPHONE:718-834-9034
FAX: 718-834-1275
16 COURT STREET, SUITE 1901
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11241
December 2, 2005
Rev. Al Sharpton
National Action Network
52 E. 125th St.
New York, NY 10035
Re: Maddox v. Prudenti et. al.
Dear Rev. Sharpton:
I have filed a motion in Brooklyn Federal Court seeking the disqualification of New York State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer as counsel for the defendants in the above-referenced civil rights action. His predecessor, Robert Abrams, according to the affidavit of Jimmie L. Powell, a grand juror in the Brawley investigation, illegally authored a grand jury report which falsely and wrongfully characterized Tawana Brawley’s claim as a “hoax.”
This grand jury report became the basis for my permanent suspension from the practice of law. You were indicted in a 70-count indictment and you asked me to represent you pro bono. During the course of this representation, the Brooklyn Appeals Court took the desperate measure of demanding that I produce client files which would ensure your conviction. I refused after being warned that I would be severely disciplined.
Spitzer is now representing the state judges for violating my civil rights at the request of Abrams and members of the New York Legislature. He has also refused to divulge the exculpatory files of Tawana Brawley. They would implicate Abrams. This would expose New York’s judicial system as corrupt.
According to your representations to our people, Spitzer would call for my immediate reinstatement to practice law if Blacks supported him for state attorney general in 1998. Blacks put him over the top in a razor-thin contest against the incumbent, Dennis Vacco.
Spitzer is now obviously arguing that the made no promises to you or anyone else about my legal status although you did receive a quid pro quo for your endorsement of him. The Brawley files, should therefore, remain classified. Obviously, he is seeking to insulate himself from his own culpability in addition to the culpability of Abrams, Steven Pagones and Harry Crist, Jr.
Spitzer is a nominal defendant and he should have already recused himself. Given the potential criminal and disciplinary liabilities in the kidnapping and rape of Tawana Brawley, and the murder of Crist, Spitzer recognizes the need for a hands-on approach in protecting the interests of New York, the Democratic Party and public figures. You had direct contact with Spitzer. The federal judge needs your information about Spitzer to decide several key issues in the case.
When I returned to New York City on Tuesday, I viewed you taking a bouquet of flowers to the 70th Precinct, a frequent crime scene in Brooklyn. You were apparently seeking to express your condolences to the PBA, a criminal racketeering enterprise. While condolences were in order to the family of the fallen police officer, it appears as though you were knocking on the wrong door, talking to the wrong people and, accordingly, raising the wrong questions.
Like, in some respects to Maddox v. Prudenti, et. al, Locurto v. Giuliani, 269 F.Supp. 2d 368 involved two white firefighters and a white police officer who were fired for sponsoring and participating in a racist float titled “Black to the Future: Broad Channel 2098.” They commenced a civil rights action against the City of New York. According to the court decision, you gave testimony to support the plaintiffs. You were concerned about their First Amendment rights.
Michael Riccardi was convicted of first-degree assault. He had stabbed you in Bensonhurst on January 12, 1991. Prior to his trial, you demanded that it be removed from state court to federal court to ensure due process of law. At his sentencing, you appeared and demanded leniency. According to you, it was unfair to prosecute Riccardi while failing to prosecute the news media.
When I asked you to appear in Brooklyn Federal Court in September 2005, you refused to appear. Afterwards, I asked you to submit an affidavit. You refused to do so citing your busy schedule. After pressing you for an affidavit, you sent me a meaningless document which, of course, refused to even mention Spitzer’s name. The refusal to discuss Spitzer in an affidavit only helps him. This will amount to a miscarriage of justice and deny to me an opportunity to provide for my family.
I will be at the Elks Plaza, 1068 Fulton Street in Brooklyn on Thursday, December 8, 2005 at 7:00 p.m. Hopefully, you will be in attendance and bring an affidavit like you brought a bouquet of flowers to the PBA. When I look at my family, I can at least say that I gave your family the opportunity to share their father outside the prison walls and with creature comforts.
Very truly yours,
.
AHM:sr

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home