Friday, April 28, 2006

Stop Maddox in the Amsterdam News

Stop Maddox in the Amsterdam News

On this Monday, May 1 and “Law Day,” I must appear before U.S. Magistrate Lois Bloom in Brooklyn Federal Court, 225 Cadman Plaza, East, Courtroom 4C, in Brooklyn at 2:00 p.m. to file a motion, memorandum of law and an amended complaint to address the claim that the justices of the Brooklyn Appeals Court are seeking to stop me from writing a column weekly, pro bono in the New York Amsterdam News.

My every move in New York and my writings are being carefully monitored by law enforcement agencies. They believe that they have either killed, exiled or co-opted every activist in New York except me. I feel like I am living the life of David Walker.

So far, the attack has included an effort to evict me and Leola from our apartment of more than thirty years, my office which allows me to sustain the litigation, support Tawana Brawley, maintain the United African Movement and conduct research and editing for my writings including Black position papers and a Black agenda.

After no elected official and leading Black would support my petition for reinstatement to practice law signaling to the legal system that I was persona non grata in the Black colony, I had to file an unprecedented civil rights action against the justices of the Brooklyn Appeals Court. No other lawyers has ever taken this bold action.

These defendants, acting in concert with their attorney, New York State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer, are engaged in retaliatory practices to keep the Black colony away from views that have not been pre-scripted. This was the basis for Walker’s assassination. There is always a fear that someone will come along and wake-up Blacks.

But for the free column in the New York Amsterdam News, I have been effectively silenced. Anyone may speculate for their reasons but the Tatum family has resisted this effort. Similarly, the same can be said for Earl Caldwell on WBAI-FM. Everyone else is marching to the tune of Madison Avenue.

If you came out to the UAM forums recently, you will also observe that well-known activists have been missing since I advanced the idea of forming a third party with automatic ballot status in New York. The other idea is a city-wide boycott. If Roger Toussaint had recognized that the Taylor Law can only be overthrown by a city-wide boycott, the TWU would be in great shape today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home