Introduction To Critical Thinking Seminar
Introduction to Critical Thinking & Legal Reasoning
By Alton H. Maddox, Jr.
On December 8, 2005, Friends of Alton Maddox honored me. In response, I had an opportunity to offer a seminar for persons who made a significant contribution in the spirit of Maat. It would be a one-time offer for a seminar that will be offered nationally and for a set price in the future.
Throughout the years, I have used critical thinking and legal reasoning to make an impact on white supremacy. The proof is the continuing assault against me by the political establishment. The bounty on my head might be the highest in New York City. When you become a racial accommodationist, on the other hand, luxurious living follows. Slave trading is a lucrative career.
Malcolm X mastered critical thinking. To comprehend how he mastered critical thinking, I had to employ comparative analysis. I understood, to some extent, how Kwame Ture, for example, mastered critical thinking. Among other things, he and I studied logic under the same professor at Howard University. There are additional explanations, however. They will be examined during the seminar.
During Freedom Retreat for Boys and Girls, I am able to make an annual presentation of a mock trial. The presentation is well-received and the children are able to, surprisingly and quickly, display legal skills in a courtroom setting given the limited time frame.
Some of the footage from these mock trials will be presented Wednesday, December 14 at 6:30 p.m., at the Elks Plaza, 1068 Fulton Street in Brooklyn. Mock trials give our children an opportunity to engage in critical thinking and legal reasoning.
Critical thinking embraces the “clean hands” doctrine. It is exhibited, literally, in Buddhism. When I attended the Buddhist temple at Kamakura, Japan, I was asked, like everyone else, to appear before the Great Buddha statue only after I publicly washed my hands. Critical thinking also requires a symbolic mental ablution as in Buddhism.
The judicial lynching of Stanley “Tookie” Williams demonstrates the seriousness of white supremacists to annihilate Blacks while Black spokespersons are either standing helpless or were last seen running for the tall grass. The evidence employed to convict him consisted of junk science and paid testimony. The state may bribe a witness. A criminal defense lawyer, engaged in the same practice, would be disbarred and sent to prison.
But for the United African Movement, Mumia Abu-Jamal, on August 17, 1995 would have already experienced the same fate, as Williams did on December 13. Judge Albert Sabo, in Philadelphia, had sent more Black men to the gallows without ever having stayed an execution before August 17, 1995. He stayed Mumia’s thanks, in part, to critical thinking and military science. UAM pushed the right buttons.
On December 8, some members of the Friends of Alton Maddox who contributed One Hundred Fifty Dollars ($150.00) for the evening are entitled to receive case materials and to attend the seminar which will occur after the holiday season (including Dr. MLK’s official holiday) and all-day on a Saturday. The mailing address for a historic cancelled check or money order stub for admission to the historic seminar is as follows:
Friends of Alton H. Maddox, Jr.
16 Court Street, Ste. 1901
Brooklyn, NY 11241
Tel. 718-834-9034
By Alton H. Maddox, Jr.
On December 8, 2005, Friends of Alton Maddox honored me. In response, I had an opportunity to offer a seminar for persons who made a significant contribution in the spirit of Maat. It would be a one-time offer for a seminar that will be offered nationally and for a set price in the future.
Throughout the years, I have used critical thinking and legal reasoning to make an impact on white supremacy. The proof is the continuing assault against me by the political establishment. The bounty on my head might be the highest in New York City. When you become a racial accommodationist, on the other hand, luxurious living follows. Slave trading is a lucrative career.
Malcolm X mastered critical thinking. To comprehend how he mastered critical thinking, I had to employ comparative analysis. I understood, to some extent, how Kwame Ture, for example, mastered critical thinking. Among other things, he and I studied logic under the same professor at Howard University. There are additional explanations, however. They will be examined during the seminar.
During Freedom Retreat for Boys and Girls, I am able to make an annual presentation of a mock trial. The presentation is well-received and the children are able to, surprisingly and quickly, display legal skills in a courtroom setting given the limited time frame.
Some of the footage from these mock trials will be presented Wednesday, December 14 at 6:30 p.m., at the Elks Plaza, 1068 Fulton Street in Brooklyn. Mock trials give our children an opportunity to engage in critical thinking and legal reasoning.
Critical thinking embraces the “clean hands” doctrine. It is exhibited, literally, in Buddhism. When I attended the Buddhist temple at Kamakura, Japan, I was asked, like everyone else, to appear before the Great Buddha statue only after I publicly washed my hands. Critical thinking also requires a symbolic mental ablution as in Buddhism.
The judicial lynching of Stanley “Tookie” Williams demonstrates the seriousness of white supremacists to annihilate Blacks while Black spokespersons are either standing helpless or were last seen running for the tall grass. The evidence employed to convict him consisted of junk science and paid testimony. The state may bribe a witness. A criminal defense lawyer, engaged in the same practice, would be disbarred and sent to prison.
But for the United African Movement, Mumia Abu-Jamal, on August 17, 1995 would have already experienced the same fate, as Williams did on December 13. Judge Albert Sabo, in Philadelphia, had sent more Black men to the gallows without ever having stayed an execution before August 17, 1995. He stayed Mumia’s thanks, in part, to critical thinking and military science. UAM pushed the right buttons.
On December 8, some members of the Friends of Alton Maddox who contributed One Hundred Fifty Dollars ($150.00) for the evening are entitled to receive case materials and to attend the seminar which will occur after the holiday season (including Dr. MLK’s official holiday) and all-day on a Saturday. The mailing address for a historic cancelled check or money order stub for admission to the historic seminar is as follows:
Friends of Alton H. Maddox, Jr.
16 Court Street, Ste. 1901
Brooklyn, NY 11241
Tel. 718-834-9034

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home